This is a big week for Cadillac Mountain Sports, as it opens its new location in the Bangor Mall on Thursday.
The company has a bunch of “grand opening” events planned (more on that below).
Matthew Curtis, president and CEO of Cadillac Mountain Sports, tells the Bangor Daily News that this new, 3,200-square-foot store is the third full-line location, following stores in Bar Harbor and Ellsworth, and likely its last.
Why the last?
“… we’ve decided we want to stay small enough to listen to our customer’s needs and we’ve chosen to remain sharply focused only on Eastern Maine,” Curtis told me.
He continued: “Our future growth will likely come from increasing the size or adding to the customer experience at these three locations. Our goal is to be the biggest and best source of gear for rock climbing, skateboarding, running, biking, kayaking and backpacking in Eastern Maine.”
The Bangor Mall’s store design was done by WBRC Architects, said Curtis. WBRC has offices in Bangor, Portland and Florida.
Curtis said the design at the Mall features a natural stone entryway and “an urban warehouse inspired interior with high ceilings, wood and brushed steel accents, and lots of room for sports gear.”
Sooooooo …. During the GRAND OPENING, here are a few things that will be happening:
Thursday, April 5th:
- Maine Island Trail Association Interactive Booth 2p-8p
- Merrell Day- Come meet the experts for a product clinic and demo some great footwear! 10a.m.-4p.m.
- Arc’Teryx Product Clinic 11a.m.
- Marmot Movie Night- Climbing culture themed movie and popcorn! 6 p.m.- 8p.m.
- Silent Auction of Packs and PFD’s to benefit the Maine Island Trail Association
- Cadillac Raffle Prize: Horny Toad Gift Certificate
- Cadillac Mall 5k – 9 a.m.
- Boulder Bangor Book Signing
- Multimedia Presentation and Poster Signing from Mountain Hardwear Athlete Janet Bergman – 1:30 p.m.
- Speed Clmbing Competition on Cadillac’s portable climbing wall near Sear’s
- Backcountry Cook Off Iron Chef Style- MSR vs. Jetboil- 4 p.m.
- Cadillac Raffle Prize: Men’s and Women’s PrAna outfit
Friday, April 6th:
- Free Skate and Manny Contest/Street Skate Jam at Cadillac’s portable skate park near Sear’s
- Presentation by The North Face Sponsored Athlete Heidi Wirtz – 7:30 p.m.
- Maine Island Trail Association Interactive Booth 10 a.m.
- Inov8 Footwear Demos and Info 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Cadillac Mall 5k Race Expo w/ Pearl Izumi, Inov8, and Newton Running plus Packet Pick-Up 5p-8p